24. 5. 2009

UPDATE: Raymone Bain vs. Michael Jackson

Raymone Bain's lawyers filed for a preliminary injunction on May 21, 2009.

As the filing says, they want an immediate accounting of all compensation Michael Jackson received from the Thriller 25 and the AEG Live deals within 30 days. Bain furthermore wants to have 10% of these incomes deposited.

Bain says that this is a necessary step because of the substantial risk that payments received by Jackson will depleted or spent prior to judgement, or Jackson will leave the United States for a longer and uncertain time of period.

She gave an example of Jackson's irresponsible spending habits: after the 2007 refinancing of the loan on the Sony ATV Music Publishing catalog, Jackson received approximately 25 million dollars for personal living expenses. Bain states that Jackson spent approximately 6 million dollars to purchase statutes and antiques.

Bain mentioned that when Jackson stayed in a Las Vegas hotel, he said he would not leave until he could purchase the property owned by the Sultan of Brunei, which had an asking price of 100 million dollars. Jackson even sent a purchase proposal to the Sultan's representatives.

The former spokesperson of Jackson's listed 14 settled legal cases saying that 13 million dollars were allocated to pay these settlements.

-------------------------------------
STATEMENT OF RAYMONE K. BAIN REGARDING THE LAWSUIT FILED AGAINST MICHAEL J. JACKSON IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (Video Version)

Washington, DC (May 5, 2009) …… “It is with deep regret that I find myself in this place, having to file a lawsuit against my longtime employer, and someone whom I have greatly admired and respected, Michael Jackson.

“Over the years, as Mr. Jackson’s Spokesperson and General Manager, sometimes during periods of critical and adverse circumstances, I have been his voice to media, fans, supporters, business interests and associates as well as those who dislike, misunderstand and constantly malign him. I have also been the constant defender against those who have, in the past,
attacked him in any fashion or form. Regardless of who you are, I believe you are entitled to a brief explanation about why I felt compelled, at this time, to take the action I have taken.

“Mr. Jackson and I have had a long, productive and mutually beneficial business relationship.

“We have experienced quite a lot together, from the child molestation trial in Santa Maria, to transitions from the United States to Bahrain, Bahrain to Ireland, Ireland back to the United States…and, all in between. At almost every step of the way, we have had constant detractors and naysayers. Throughout this relationship, I did not look at him as just a client, but a family
member, a fact that I, and others who were a part of the Jackson team, always considered, when making numerous personal sacrifices, and when making any decisions which would affect him and his children. For this reason, many of you will not understand my actions.

“Unfortunately, Mr. Jackson has elected not to honor the financial obligations of our contractual relationship, despite my numerous attempts to amicably resolve this matter. I have done everything possible to avoid this unhappiness and distraction…I have been left no choice.

“This lawsuit will result in some discussion about the relationship between Mr. Jackson and me. Hypothetical theories, accusations and rumors, if gauging from the past, will be many. However, all of these will be replaced in court with the truth.

“On a personal note, I would like to thank all of the individuals who have given so much of their time, assistance and effort, to help me throughout the Jackson years. To the Jackson fans who have written letters to me, thank you, and I wish you all the best.

“Despite the action I have been compelled to take for professional and business reasons, when looking back, I have no regrets. Michael Jackson, in my opinion, is the ‘King of Pop,’ and I wish him, and his family, only the very best.”

You may download the first set of court papers

Žiadne komentáre: